like a pro:
HOME BARTENDING TIPS
- Even Professional measures the ingredients.
Don't guess to make a perfect drink every time. One Normal
Shot Glass= 1oz.
- Serve cocktails icy cold! Pre-chill
glasses in the refrigerator or let them sit in shaved ice
before using. It makes drinks tastier!
- Always put ice in the glass or shaker
before pouring ingredients. That way, the liquids are chilled
as they are poured over ice.
- You'll get more juice from lemons and
oranges if you soak them in warm water.
- When the recipe calls for a twist of
lemon peel, rub a narrow strip of peel around the rim of
the glass. Then twist the peel so that one small drop will
go into the drink. Then drop the peel.
- When the drink consists of clear liquids,
STIR! If the drink has a carbonated drink (soda, ginger
ale), stir gently to preserve the bubbly! SHAKE drinks that
contain fruit juices, sugar, eggs, cream or other ingredients
difficult to mix. Really SHAKE - don't just rock!
- A clean piece of wax paper rubbed on
the rim of a bottle will prevent dripping when you pour!
- For a "sugar-frosted"
glass, moisten the rim of a pre-chilled glass with lemon
or lime and then dip into powdered sugar (before alcohol
Jigger = 1.5 oz-2 oz
Pony = 1 oz
Dash = 1/6 oz
Teaspoon = 1/8 oz
- When you shake a drink that requires
an egg, use an ice cube. It breaks up the egg and helps
it blend into the drink.