Staying in tonight
Staying home to celebrate Valentine's Day - you feel more
at ease in your own home and you avoid the crowds and higher
rates at restaurants, hotels, etc. When planning any romantic
event at your home, it is also important to set the mood
and try to plan something you know your love will love.
You want your love to know exactly how you feel about them
with an intimate night at home, just you and your love.
Below are a few ideas, from the playful to extremely romantic,
to help you create just the right celebration of your love.
- Cover the floor with newspapers and finger paint a masterpiece.
- Have a picnic on your fire escape, patio, or in your
- Spread a blanket on the living room floor and have an
- Read old cards and letters from each other to one another.
- Dress up for your evening at home.
- Enjoy McDonald's or pizza by candlelight on the living
room coffee table by candlelight!
- Set up a tent in the backyard, have a fire in the bbq,
roast some marshmallows and lay out under the stars!
- Have fun with some of your favorite board games, like
Monopoly, Chess, Checkers, cards, etc and have fun!
- Order dinner from an expensive restaurant in a distant
city and have it flown in.
- Rent your favorite romantic movies, make some popcorn
and hot chocolate, and stay up all night watching movies
- Surprise your love with a bubble bath for two.
- When you're done, wash and comb/brush their hair for
- Bake cookies together.
- Have dinner in bed!
- Hire a professional masseuse to give you both massages,
or give one yourself!
- Take turns reading a sexy or romantic book aloud to
- Do your love's secret fantasy.
- Stage a progressive love dinner and serve each course
in a different room with the dessert ending up in the
- Plan a romantic dinner, with wine or champagne, candles,
music... and just relish in each other.
- Make dinner together!
- Stay up all night and watch the sun set and rise together.
- Do that one thing that your love has always wanted to
do or have happen to them.
- Play the alphabet game! One person starts with the letter
"A" and has to kiss a body part on the other person beginning
with that letter. The other person starts with "B" and
so on and so on. If you can't think of a body part for
a letter, make one up! By the time you get to "Z" (if
you do), you just might want to play again!
- Take a deck of 52 cards. Assign each card a thing to
do. For example, Aces get a kiss, etc. Shuffle the deck
and spread the cards out. You and your honey take turns
drawing cards. Whatever card says to do, your honey must
do. Be creative with your ideas and have fun!
- Change the game of Monopoly to Loveopoly. Change boardwalk
into back rub, and Tennessee into take your shirt off.
Every time you pass go, you get a kiss. etc.
- Hide Hershey's kisses around your love's place, and
tell them to save the tags for real life redemption!
- Call your favorite radio station and dedicate a song
to your love.
- Everytime you walk through a door together, kiss.
- Give them a quick foot or back massage.
- Wear a certain favorite outfit... or, if you're brave,
nothing at all!!
- If you're not married... propose! If you're married...